National Union Of Nigerian
Associations In Italy
|Posted on June 17, 2021 at 8:00 PM||comments (0)|
AN ADDRESS BY FARADAY EBOSE (NUNAI PRESIDENT) PRESENTED ON
THE 55TH INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION HELD IN ROME/ON 3RD OCTOBER 2015
Your Excellency Ambassador (Mrs) Martine S. Gereng - Sen
Ministers, - immigration and
political Diplomatic staff Religious leaders Distinguished guests,
Ladies and Gentlemen
I welcome you all to NIGERIA'S 55th INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION. I like to thank the Nigerian Embassy Rome for organizing this great occasion. Just two days ago, October 1st 2015, we officially celebrated Fifty five years as a sovereign nation. It’s a day we mark our freedom from the British colony and a day for re-appraisal of our motivations and aspirations as a country. As many will often say, there is nothing to be celebrated in Nigeria; But , Our President, Mohamadu Buhari remarked in his independence speech on October 1 2015 “No temporary problems or passing challenges should stop us from honoring this day. Let us remind ourselves of the gifts God has given us. We have all the attributes of a great nation. We are not there yet because the one commodity we have been unable to exploit to the fullest is unity of purpose.” We Nigerians in Italy are dynamic and have a very strong belief in the existence of one strong and indivisible Nigeria. We are grateful for the opportunities that abound in our country. We hope to set the pace for the change that we desire for our country by becoming the change agents and change makers of today. We believe that a
good today will bring forth a better tomorrow and as well a best future for this great country of ours.
As leaders in our communities here in Italy, We must learn to live by example before the Nigerians we lead. This I also advocate for Nigerian leaders. Thank God for Some political leaders in Nigeria like (Former Governors Babatunde Fasola, Akpabio and Adams Oshiomhole of Lagos, Akwa Ibom and Edo states respectively) who have proved beyond reasonable doubts that with vision, focus, determination and proper channeling of resources you can indeed achieve what you want to achieve. Nigeria can truly change her image when the leaders begin to live by example then the citizens will have no choice but to follow suit. Since February 2013 when we were officially inaugurated, Nigerian communities in Italy have continued to grow with great strength and vigour. Presently we have about 40 local associations registered with NUNAI and the independence celebration have been carefully arranged to enable Nigerians to felicitate with each other in the month of October. The Nigerian community Brindisi celebrated their independence on the 1st of October with fun fare and splendor. As I speak, Milan and Torino are celebrating; Padova will celebrate tomorrow while Verona and Ferrara will celebrate their independence on the 10th of October 2015. The Marche region will finalise the independence celebration on the 24th of October 2015. Above all, NUNAI have fostered intensive and collaborative relationships with the Nigerian Embassy and the relative Italian institutions to enhance greater integration of Nigerians in Italy Recently, the Nigerian Embassy Rome introduced some reforms and policies to improve the services it renders to Nigerians in Italy.
It was a reform born out of the abuse of privileges we once enjoyed. Every abuse ought to be reformed, unless the reform is more dangerous than the abuse itself. The embassy and NUNAI are consulting and working together to improving and reducing the sufferings borne out from the changes and the reform made. Therefore, I implore and pray for your continued cooperation with the mission to see that greater and efficient services are rendered to you. Beyond serving our communities; NUNAI is also effecting changes at the policy level both in Nigeria and Italy. Finally, Let us be Law abiding and stay away from crime. Today we are in Rome, let me also reiterate the old saying – “If you are in Rome do as the Romans do”. Let us learn always to respect the law of our host country Italy and to live co- habitually with our neighbours. We believe in Nigeria. Good people, great nation, dynamic Men and Women. It's my hope that beyond this gathering here today for this great celebration, young people will begin to engage in innovative thinking and participate in the development process of our country Nigeria. We thank you all for coming to celebrate with us. God bless you all
God Nigerians in Italy.
God Bless the Federal republic of Nigeria
NUNAI, always for the interest of Nigerians
|Posted on May 13, 2018 at 4:35 AM||comments (0)|
NATIONAL UNION OF NIGERIAN ASSOCIATIONS IN ITALY
Via Jacopo Barozzi 74,
41125 Modena Italy.
Email: [email protected] hotmail.com
NOTICE OF GENERAL MEETING
Fellow Nigerians, there will be a general meeting of our National Union
of Nigeria Association In Italy (NUNAI) on Saturday the 2nd of June,
2018 in Parma by 12 noon while deliberation starts by 1pm
The venue is via Badini 6 Centro Interculturale Parma.
Our agenda, noble Nigerians will include:
1. The new Executive mission statement.
2. Issues of handing over
3. Formation of Constitutional Committee and Other very important
4. The annual dues of 2018 , will be attended to
By these, we humbly call on all the Provincial Presidents and
representatives to be in attendance as the future of NUNAI as it affects
Nigerians will be discussed.
Thanks for anticipated cooperation.
Iriakannu Hodge Samson) National Secretary
) (Deacon Nosa Osawaru)
|Posted on February 6, 2018 at 2:40 PM||comments (0)|
EMBASSY OF NIGERIA ROME PRESS RELEASE ON THEMACERATA INCIDENTS
|Posted on February 1, 2018 at 2:05 AM||comments (0)|
ACCEPTANCE SPEECH BY PRESIDENT ELECT, MR.IRIAKANNU HODGE SAMSON
Fellow Nigerians, I am accepting your mandate to serve three calendar years. It is my firm believe that with my team we will make exploits towards enhancing the welfare of Nigrians living in Italy through advocating for their rights and other representations. As election has come and gone, I will not forget to thank the past Executives for their efforts so far, the electoral committee who worked assiduously to conduct a free n fair election above all the communities who gave me their mandate to steer the ship of NUNAI. I will not also forget to thank her excellency, Mrs. Angela Nworgu , the representativive of the Embassy of Nigeria for the peaceceful resolution made to make the election a wonderful one. I pledge to give my best. Once more I enjoin everybody to come together to move Nigerians and the union to a better place
I am not coming to be a ruler rather as a servant to the community. My office, as aleway will be opened to the public for anything that would benefit the interest of Nigerians in Italy.
Long live Nunai. ..long live fed.rep of Nigeria
IRIAKANNU HODGE SAMSON, President elect
N.U.N.A.I. ELECTION 20.01.2018 BOLOGNA RESULTS
POS NAME PROVINCE VOTE
P.R.O. MR. ANYAORAH JUDE NOVARA 19
TREASURER ARCH. ADENIJI TAOREED ADEWALE GENOVA 17
2ND VICE PRESIDENT MR. UDO-UMOREN NSIMA ANDERSON ANCONA 13
SECRETARY MR.OSAWARU DOUGLAS NOSA UDINE 17
MR.NWAOKORO EZENWA MILAN 13
MRS. OSUYA-ENI VIVIAN NAPOLI 2
MR EBOSE FARADAY VERONA 12
MR.IRIAKANNU HODGE SAMSON MODENA 18
MR. MR.IRIAKANNU HODGE SAMSON was declared the winner of the presidental race and as a result is the president elect of NUNAI. who will take charge of the running the activities of NUNAI for the next three years.
The representative of Nigerian Embassy Rome, Mrs Angela Nworgu was the observer of the election.
The NUNEC and the observer and the NUNEC annouced the winners after the final vote and counting and declared the election to be be free fair and peaceful , and thanked all participants for their participation.
NNUMBER OF ACCREDITED VOTERS 34
OBSERVER: MRS. ANGELA NWORGU (EMBASSY REPRESENTSTIVE)
RETURNING OFFICER: KELVIN JACOB JP.-(FERRARA)
1. AIWERIOBA PATIENCE (MISS)-SECRETARY (TRENTO)
2. ADEDAYO ABOLAJI FESTUS (MR.)-VICE CHAIRMAN (MANTOVA)
OKORO FELIX (DR.)- CHAIRMAN (UDINE
NUNAI ELECTION COMMISSION (Nun.E.C.)
N.U.N.A.I. ELECTION 20.01.2018
LIST OF ACCCREDITED DELEGATES (ASSOCIATIONS
1. NIGERIAN COMMUNITY MANTOVA - (MANTOVA) - 2 DELEGATES
2. NIGERIAN COMMUNITY TRENTO - (TRENTO) - 2 DELEGATES
3. NIGERIAN ASSOCIATION IN VENICE - (SAN DONA) - 2 DELEGATES
4. NIGERIAN COMMUINITY ROMA/LAZIO - (ROMA/LAZIO) - 2 DELEGATES
5. NIGERIAN ASSOCIATION LIGURIA - (LIGURIA) - 2 DELEGATES
6. NIGERIA COMMUNITY LODI/PAVIA - (LODI/PAVIA) - 2 DELEGATES
7. NIGERIAN UNION MILAN - (MILAN) - 2 DELEGATES
8. NIGERIAN ASSOCIATION VERONA - (VERONA) - 2 DELEGATES
9. NIGERIA COMMUNITY REGGIO EMILIA - (REGGIO EMILIA) - 2 DELEGATES
10. NIGERIAN UNION UDINE - (UDINE) - 2 DELEGATES
11. NIGERIA COMMUNITY FERRARA - (FERRARA) - 2 DELEGATES
12. ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN IMMIGRANTS
ANCONA/MARCHE - (ANCONA) - 2 DELEGATES
13. NIGERIAN ASSOCIATION CAMPANIA
REGION - (NAPOLI) - 2 DELEGATES
14. NIGERIA COMMUNITY NOVARA - (NOVARA) - 2 DELEGATES
15. NIGERIAN COMMUNITY PESARO/URBINO - (PESARO) - 2 DELEGATES
16. NIGERIAN ASSOCIATION MODENA - (MODENA) - 2 DELEGATES
17. NIGERIAN ASSOCIANTION RAVVENA - (RAVVENA) -1 DELEGATE
18. NIGERIAN ASSOCIATION SICILY REGION - (PALERMO) - 1 DELEGATE
SUMMARY: 18 ASSOCIATIONS, 34 DELEGATES
ADEDAYO ABOLAJI FESTUS
FOR: DR. OKORO FELIX
Remember that NUNAI is alway for the interest of Nigerians, upholding the bunity of Nigeria and promoting the love for the common people
|Posted on November 18, 2017 at 1:20 PM||comments (0)|
Funeral of the 26 Nigerian girls drowned in the sea buried at Salerno, Italy
On behalf of the entire Nigerians in Italy, provincial Nigerian Associations and all friends of our community: NUNAI hereby heartily offer our deepest condolences to the families of the seen and unseen victims of that most unfortunate tragedy. Nigeria and Nigerians have lost potential star citizens who would have made difference in the lives of fellow family, friends and the entire country if they had lived. That singular accident is a national disaster not to be permitted to repeat. We call on the Nigerian Federal Government to tighten the northern boarders; we call on State Governments to sensitize the citizenry to avoiding such dangerous adventure across desert and sea; we call on the Libyan and Italian authorities to step up efforts in blocking the coasts and policing their maritime respectively; we ask the United Nations and the entire International Community to be more responsive to such state of emergency; we charge the Embassy of Nigeria to Italy, NUNAI, Provincial Associations and the entire Nigerian citizens in Italy to rise to full challenge of bringing Human Trafficking and Sex Slavery to an end in Italy. Long live NUNAI and Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Thanks and God bless.
NUNAI always for the interest of Nigerians and love for the common people
|Posted on September 23, 2017 at 6:20 AM||comments (0)|
This is tnform the general public that Nigerian Associations in Italy will be celebrating [email protected] on the date and time on their invitation cards. This is an open invitation.
You are hereby invited to celebrate with them as special guest. We will be very glad to see you celebrate with your brothers and sisters on this important date.
[email protected] IN FERARRA
[email protected] IN MILAN
|Posted on September 23, 2017 at 6:00 AM||comments (0)|
This is tnform the general public that Nigerian Associations in Italy will be celebrating [email protected] on the date and time on their invitation cards. This is an open invitation.
You are hereby invited to celebrate with them as special guest. We will be bery glad to see you celebrate with your brothers and sisters on this important date.
|Posted on January 15, 2017 at 1:45 PM||comments (0)|
This is to inform Nigerian Associations/Communities that there will be NUNAI general meeting in the city of MODENA
PLACE: Via Diena Emilio 120, 41122 MODENA (MO)
This is to also remind all Association/Community to update their annual fee.
Please remember to send your representave/s as there are very important issues regarding NUNAI projects for 2017
This notification was signed by the president and the general secretary
Click for direction https://www.google.com/maps/place/Via+Diena+Emilio,+120,+41122+Modena+MO,+Italyfirstname.lastname@example.org,10.9356113,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x477fef222d8e54d1:0xdafc9ed06fd61c8c!8m2!3d44.65645!4d10.9378?hl=en" target="_blank"><>
Remember that NUNAI is always for the interest of the common people
|Posted on July 14, 2016 at 8:00 PM||comments (0)|
The National Union of Nigerian Associations in Italy hereby condemns in strongest terms the racially motivated attack and eventual death of a Nigerian EMMANUEL CHIDI NNAMDI in Fermo Italy.
It is with the worst of bitterness, anger and agony that Nigerians in Italy and at home share the loss with the immediate family and friends of the victim. The cruel incident is a very regrettable abuse and embarrassment of public sanity. Racism must be resisted and rejected for total elimination among the human family of this modern time.
We join all people of good sense and voices of decent to categorically confront such act of uncivilised terror against humanity. Nigeria, Italy and the entire World cannot tolerate any form of characterised infringement of the ideals of human liberty. All men and women should be free to coexist everywhere and every time.
We call for a full investigation of the incident; to bring all the culprits to judgement and to uphold justice.
NUNAi always for the interest of Nigerians
|Posted on May 25, 2016 at 5:40 PM||comments (0)|
VISIT OF THE MINISTER OF STATE FOREIGN AFFAIRS TO ITALY
17 MAY 2016, ROME
MEETING WITH MINISTER: Hajia Khadiza Abba Bukar
Venue: Conference Hall Nigerian Embassy, Via Orazzio 14-18, Roma
Meeting began at about 2.30pm. Those present were staffs of the Embassy, representatives of NUNAI, NIDOE, Nigerian Community Roma/Lazio and other invited Elders.
It took off with welcome address by the Charge De Affair Her Excellency Mrs Meshioye, who ended by inviting NUNAI and NIDOE leaders to address the meeting respectively.
Vital requests made by both and others present were as follows:
A. Establishment of Consulate in Milan, B. Organize Nigerian Economic Conference in Italy. C. Repatriation of Pension for Nigerian Workers in Italy, D. More passport scanning machines for Italy, E. Skill acquisition project to train Nigerians in Italy, F. Diaspora voting during Nigerian elections, G. Immigration problems, H. Incentives for Diaspora projects,I. Recognition of Nigerian certificates and driving license in Italy, J. Reduction of consular charges etc.
The Minister in her address also responded positively to most of the above demands. She specifically pleaded to the Diaspora professionals to return home to improve the expertise so much needed for national development; even more useful at home than abroad. She went on and mentioned the priority areas of the present Nigerian Government under the able leadership of President Muhammad Buhari which are: Security improvement, Corruption reduction and the Economy as well as gave more highlights on these. She ended reiterating Government’s commitment to improving the lives of Nigerians home and abroad.
The second session of the day was a lunch at the Eagle House – residence of the Nigerian Ambassador to Italy in Rome. She later left for other diplomatic functions with the Italian Authorities.
|Posted on November 11, 2015 at 5:25 PM||comments (0)|
NUNAI is always for the interest of Nigerians
|Posted on October 7, 2015 at 3:50 AM||comments (0)|
AN ADDRESS BY FARADAY EBOSE (NUNAI PRESIDENT)
PRESENTED ON THE 55TH INDEPENDENCE DAY
CELEBRATION HELD IN ROME/ON 3RD OCTOBER 2015
Your Excellency Ambassador (Mrs) Martine S. Gereng - Sen
Ministers, - immigration and political
Diplomatic staff Religious leaders
Ladies and Gentlemen
I welcome you all to NIGERIA'S 55th INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION. I like to thank the Nigerian Embassy Rome for organizing this great occasion.
Just two days ago, October 1st 2015, we officially celebrated Fifty five years as a sovereign nation. It’s a day we mark our freedom from the British colony and a day for re-appraisal of our motivations and aspirations as a country. As many will often say, there is nothing to be celebrated in Nigeria; But , Our President, Mohamadu Buhari remarked in his independence speech on October 1 2015 “No temporary problems or passing challenges should stop us from honoring this day. Let us remind ourselves of the gifts God has given us. We have all the attributes of a great nation. We are not there yet because the one commodity we have been unable to exploit to the fullest is unity of purpose.”
We Nigerians in Italy are dynamic and have a very strong belief in the existence of one strong and indivisible Nigeria. We are grateful for the opportunities that abound in our country. We hope to set the pace for the change that we desire for our country by becoming the change agents and change makers of today. We believe that a good today will bring forth a better tomorrow and as well a best future for this great country of ours.
As leaders in our communities here in Italy, We must learn to live by example before the Nigerians we lead. This I also advocate for Nigerian leaders. Thank God for Some political leaders in Nigeria like (Former Governors Babatunde Fasola, Akpabio and Adams Oshiomhole of Lagos, Akwa Ibom and Edo states respectively) who have proved beyond reasonable doubts that with vision, focus, determination and proper channeling of resources you can indeed achieve what you want to achieve. Nigeria can truly change her image when the leaders begin to live by example then the citizens will have no choice but to follow suit.
Since February 2013 when we were officially inaugurated, Nigerian communities in Italy have continued to grow with great strength and vigour. Presently we have about 40 local associations registered with NUNAI and the independence celebration have been carefully arranged to enable Nigerians to felicitate with each other in the month of October.
The Nigerian community Brindisi celebrated their independence on the 1st of October with fun fare and splendor. As I speak, Milan and Torino are celebrating; Padova will celebrate tomorrow while Verona and Ferrara will celebrate their independence on the 10th of October 2015. The Marche region will finalise the independence celebration on the 24th of October 2015.
Above all, NUNAI have fostered intensive and collaborative relationships with the Nigerian Embassy and the relative Italian institutions to enhance greater integration of Nigerians in Italy
Recently, the Nigerian Embassy Rome introduced some reforms and policies to improve the services it renders to Nigerians in Italy.
It was a reform born out of the abuse of privileges we once enjoyed. Every abuse ought to be reformed, unless the reform is more dangerous than the abuse itself.
The embassy and NUNAI are consulting and working together to improving and reducing the sufferings borne out from the changes and the reform made. Therefore, I implore and pray for your continued cooperation with the mission to see that greater and efficient services are rendered to you. Beyond serving our communities; NUNAI is also effecting changes at the policy level both in Nigeria and Italy.
Finally, Let us be Law abiding and stay away from crime. Today we are in Rome, let me also reiterate the old saying – “If you are in Rome do as the Romans do”. Let us learn always to respect the law of our host country Italy and to live co- habitually with our neighbours. We believe in Nigeria. Good people, great nation, dynamic Men and Women. It's my hope that beyond this gathering here today for this great celebration, young people will begin to engage in innovative thinking and participate in the development process of our country Nigeria.
We thank you all for coming to celebrate with us. God bless you all
God Nigerians in Italy.
God Bless the Federal republic of Nigeria.
NUNAI, always for the interest of Nigerians
|Posted on October 7, 2015 at 3:45 AM||comments (0)|
OPENING ADDRESS BY NUNAI PRESIDENT – FARADAY EBOSE ON NATIONAL
UNION MEETING HELD IN MANTOVA ON 18TH JULY 2015
Ms Angela Nworgu – Minister (Passport and Immigration) Embassy of Nigeria, Rome
I welcome you to this meeting in this Historic city of Solferino (Mantova). The choice of this city is informed out of the historic nature of the city. HISTORY The battle of Solferino (24 June 1859. Until the middle of the 19th century, there were no organized and well-established army nursing systems for casualties and no safe and protected institutions to accommodate and treat those who were wounded on the battlefield. In June 1859, the Swiss businessman Henry Dunant travelled to Italy to meet French emperor Napoléon III with the intention of discussing difficulties in conducting business in Algeria, at that time occupied by France. When he arrived in the small town of Solferino on the evening of 24 June, he witnessed the Battle of Solferino, an engagement in the Franco-Austrian War. In a single day, about 40,000 soldiers on both sides died or were left wounded on the field. Henry Dunant was shocked by the terrible aftermath of the battle, the suffering of the wounded soldiers, and the near-total lack of medical attendance and basic care Horrified by the suffering of wounded soldiers left on the battlefield, Dunant set about a process that led to the Geneva Convention and the establishment of the International Red Cross.
However, on December 8 and in the city of Verona, Nigerians from all over Italy came together to give us opportunity to serve them. The election of 2013 brought together people with differences in opinion and principles but resolved to work together in unity by the love and desire to give the best of ourselves to Nigerians. In the last three years, we have met severally to discuss problems of Nigerians in Italy. Not only did we discuss problems, we also drew programmes that will benefit both Nigerians here in Italy and our brothers and sisters in Nigeria. Among them was
the Economic conference project, which was aimed at uniting Nigerian and Italian investors in order to create investment in Nigeria.
- Registration and creation of data base for Nigerians in Italy
- Agitation for two or more consulates in Italy
- Intervention in the exploitation of Nigerians by the Italian embassy in Nigeria through authentication of documents
- Arbitrary and unjust incarceration and deportation of Nigerians as against the agreement signed by Italy and Nigeria in 2009.
- Above all the creation of NUNAI desk at the embassy. This we hope will help to facilitate the processing of documents thereby eliminating the activities of the Touts around the mission.
As you already known, we are just ordinary Nigerians faced with extraordinary task. But sometimes most ordinary things could be made extraordinary simply by doing them with the right people. In this regard, NUNAI have been left as an island, without support from the embassy and neither did we get cooperation from the local associations. As I speak some associations are yet to pay a cent as part of their responsibility to the national body. In spite of these setbacks, we tried individually and collectively to achieve some of our laid down objectives. The president, the vice president and the secretary on different occasions travelled to Nigeria to meet with different federal institutions, organization and the Italian consulate general
Nevertheless, we want to thank you all for coming to this meeting and we implore everyone to continuously to work together. As I stated in my inaugural speech, we are aware that this challenge was never going to be easy and really it has not be easy. There had been setbacks and false starts, there are many who did not agree with every decision or policy we made. We also quiet aware that we may not have been able to satisfy every desire of all Nigerians in Italy. But, Let it be known progress has been made because coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.
Long live NUNAI
Long live the federal republic of Nigeria
|Posted on July 20, 2015 at 7:30 AM||comments (0)|
AN ADDRESS BY FARADAY EBOSE (PRESIDENT OF NUNAI – ITALY)
ON THE INUGURAL AND HANDOVER CEREMONY HELD AT THE EMBASSY
OF NIGERIA ROME ON 16TH FEBRUARY 2013
His Excellency, Ambassador Eric Tonye Aworabhi Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to Italy, ministers, Embassy staffs, presidents of Nigerian communities, ex NUNAI president, fellow member ofNUNAI executive, ladies and gentlemen.
I stand here today humbled by the task before us and grateful for the trust Nigerians has bestowed on us by the election of 8th December 2012. I thank the out going executive council and every Nigerian who contributed to the success of the election. Importantly, we wish to thank the Nigerian Embassy Rome for not only observing the election but worked very hard to see that the election was held and a new and credible executive elected.
His Excellency, fellow Nigerians, before I begin the expression of those thoughts that I deem appropriate to this moment, would you permit me the privilege of uttering a little private prayer of my own;
Almighty God, give us the power to discern clearly right from wrong, and allow all our words and actions to be governed thereby by the love for our father land and respect for the law of this land. Especially, we pray that our concern shall be for all the people regardless of state, creed, ethnic or religion. We pray this O lord with thanks giving. Amen
By the election held in December 2012, Nigerians in Italy have expressed their will and expect much from us and from the Nigerian Embassy. It’s a welcome fact that NUNAI cannot do much without the Nigerian embassy just as the Embassy cannot do much without Nigerians and it coordinating associations (NUNAI). We need each other to render the desire services to Nigerians in Italy.
For every where we look,there is work to be done. We are like a ship; a ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for. It is meant to sail even in stormy and turbulent times. The executive met and to ensure the ship sail glowingly, below are our goals.
- Creation of data base for all Nigerians in Italy will be one of our primary concerns. Today, nobody can give the exact figure of the population of Nigerians in Italy. This might explain for the short fall of material and human resources sent from the ministry of external affairs to the Nigerian Embassy inItaly. Therefore, we will work with the embassy to create a data base for Nigerians in Italy.
- In the last twenty years, Nigerians have always agitated for creation of one or more consulate to supplement the Nigerian embassy in Rome. We wish to reiterate here the creation of two additional consular offices, one in Milan and the other in Palermo. This will reduce the work load of the Nigerian embassy in Rome.
- Let me use this medium to thank His Excellency and the entire Embassy staffs for the improvement in consular service here at the mission. But a lot still need to be done and that we are proposing the creation of NUNAI desk at the Embassy to help Nigerians with services that tout are now using to exploit Nigerians. Secondly, the NUNAI desk should act as an agency responsible for the postage of all passports and other documents like thumb prints sent from various Questura. Italy is a big country and longitudinal and this makes it difficult for lot of Nigerians to come to the Embassy to collect these documents personally. Presently this service is being handled by unregistered Nigerian individuals. There have been series of reported cases of undelivered passports which resulted in great loses to Nigerians. Passport is a security document that must not be allowed to go into indiscriminate hands.
- We are deeply concern with the way the Italian Embassy in Nigeria EXPLOIT Nigerians who approach it for validation of documents. Presently it cost an average of a thousand euro (€1000) to get a document authenticated in Nigeria.We are currently preparing a document to be presented to the committee for Nigerians in Diaspora in the Nigerian house of representative to help query the relevance of this excessive cost. Our investigation has revealed that such cost and procedures are not requested in other countries except in Nigeria. We implore the Nigerian embassy to help in this regards.
- His Excellency, permit me to use this occasion also to observe and query an observation in the Nigerian passport issued at the embassy. It has been observed that ITALY is generally written as place of birth in the passport of children born here in Italy. While the city of birth are written as place of birth for same children whose passports are issued outside this mission. The embassy can review this issue and make correction if necessary.
- In this short period of the existence of new NUNAI executive, we have been flooded with complaints of arbitrary deportation and unjust incarceration of Nigerians in Italy. The accord signed on the 17th of February 2009 by the then Nigerian Inspector General of police Mike Okiro and Antonio Manganelli, head of Italian police was to fight illegal immigration linked with criminal activities. But now there are reported cases of Nigerians whisked from their houses and taking to the deportation camps. We therefore plead with the embassy to study individual cases before signing their deportation papers.
- Above all NUNAI intends to collaborate with the Embassy in the facilitation of business and Economic conferences to stimulate business for Nigeria. We are also working assiduously towards the resuscitation of theNigerian – Italian chamber of commerce.
- Nigerians in Italy are faced with problems of civic integration and the new law in Italy requires immigrants to learn the Italian language or stand the risk of losing their residence permit. Therefore, we have proposed a programme for Nigerians on the importance of integrating to the host community. Cultural activities are also to been couraged in our various communities.
- Lastly we wish to appeal to his Excellency to revisit the affected victims of the last earthquake. There are reports of some neglected cases.
- In all therefore, to embark on this journey we humbly request his Excellency a subvention or a take off fund to enable us begin this great journey. We are quite aware that it’s not the duty of the embassy to fund NUNAI but there is little or nothing we can do without a take off fund. As we all know mothers chew solid food for babies before they grow strong teeth to feed themselves.
Nevertheless, we are quite aware that this challenge may not be easy, but it is not impossible. We are so daring for only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly
As I conclude, let me leave you with this words from John Howard Payne “Mid pleasures and places though we may roam, be it ever so humble; there is no place like home
Good bless you all,
God bless NUNAI,
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
|Posted on November 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM||comments (1)|
AN ADDRESS BY FARADAY EBOSE (PRESIDENT, NUNAADDRESS BY FARADAY
EBOSE (PRESIDENT, NUNAI – ITALY)
ON THE VISIT OF THE NIGERIANMINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS TO
ROME ON 10TH SEPTEMBER 2013
The Hon. Ministerfor Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru MFR, His Excellency, Ambassador Eric Tonye Aworabhi Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to Italy, Embassy staff, fellow Nigerians, ladies and gentle men.
On behalf of the Nigerians in Italy, I specially thank the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for giving you the opportunity to visit us and listen to problems and progress in Italy. Next, I must express our sincere appreciation to the head of Nigerian mission in Rome Ambassador Eric Tonye Aworabhi for his whole hearted support and services to Nigerians in Italy.
The primary reason for the creation of an embassy or a diplomatic mission of country in another state is to cater for the interest of the sending state and its citizens living in the receiving state among others. Italy is a big state and Nigerians living here are enormous with different degree of problems.Statistically, in Europe apart from United Kingdom, the largest numbers of Nigerians live in Italy with a population of well over 80.000
- In the last twenty years, Nigerians have always agitated for creation of one or more consulate to supplement the Nigerian embassy in Rome. As we reiterated to the Ambassador during our inauguration ceremony, Italy is a big country and longitudinal and many Nigerians have problems coming to Rome to obtain their necessary documents.
Other smaller countries from Africa like Morocco, Ivory Coast and Senegal with lesser or equivalent population of their citizens in Italy have more than two consulates catering and rendering consular service to their citizens in Italy. Therefore, we appeal to the Hon. Ministerto use his good office to reduce some of the problems of Nigerians by creating one Consular office in Milan -one of the commercial capital of the World - and if possible another one in Palermo.
- The introduction of the digital Passport has no doubt helped to resolve mirage of problems associated with immigration and data collection of Nigerians. For Nigerians living in Diaspora and particularly in Italy, we have had to confront with some problems. One of the problems is associated with making payment with credit cards most especially for children who are not of age to have their credit cards. We would like to propose that children under 15 years with no possibilities to have their own cards be allowed to make payment directly at the Nigeria Embassy Rome.
- The joy of every worker is the hope of getting his or her gratuities or pension after retirement. And for over 50,000 Nigerians working in Italy, this hope is be clouded with uncertainties. As at today, a Nigerian working in Italy cannot get his pension transfer to Nigeria after retirement because the Nigeria Government and the Italian counterpart are yet to sign the necessary bilateral agreement that will facilitate this process. Therefore,we stand here today to plead with honorable minister to please help forward a bill to the Nigerian parliament that will help facilitate the signing of the bilateral agreement so that Nigerians who work and retire back to Nigeria can collect their pension in Nigeria.
- On a positive note I wish to inform the honorable minister that the long time stigma of prostitution by Nigerians is reducing every day. These is attributed to Nigeria signing and ratifying the United Nations protocol to prevent, suppress and punish trafficking in persons especially women and children, often refer to as Palermo protocol. Domestic legislation and legal practice has also helped to fight against prostitution and human trafficking.
- Therefore, we are currently working on aproject of rehabilitation for not only prostitutes but another set of socially displaced Men who have been thrown into their present state due to the Economic crises in Europe. This project which will require the federal government backing will be elaborated in our next meeting with the embassy.
- Apart from here in Italy, there are huge complains from our relatives from Nigeria in the way the Italian Embassy in Nigeria treat them when they approach it for validation of documents. We are still being confused to understand why it cost an average of a thousand euro(€1000) to get a document authenticated and its impending procedures at the Italian Embassy in Nigeria. We are currently preparing a document to be presented to the committee for Nigerians in Diaspora in the Nigerian House of Representative and the ministry of Foreign Affairs to help query the relevance of this excessive cost. Our investigation has revealed that such cost and proceduresare not requested in other countries except in Nigeria.
The Honorable Minister, Nigeria is a great country, and according to the World Bank report’s, Nigeriais one of the world’s fastest growing economies and Nigerians in Diaspora needto be constantly informed of the vast opportunities that abound. A lot us do not know what the Diaspora bond is all about which according to Hon Akinlaja a member of the Nigerian house of representative who in his recent speech at a two-day Corporate Nigerian stakeholders and investors forum in New York highlighted the existence $500.million which Nigerians in Diaspora could benefit from.
In this regards, National Union of Nigerian Associations in Italy (NUNAI) in collaboration with the Nigerian Embassy Rome will host an Economic conference in Italy in the second quarter of 2014 and possibly another one in the first quarter of 2015. This we believe, will help bring investors to Nigeria and also help prepare Nigeria for the WORLD EXPO of 2015 to be held in Milan from May 1st to October 31st 2015. We also want to appeal to the Honorable Minister that at least a Nigerian resident in Italy should be elected into the planning committee for expo 2015 in Milan.
Voting is a right for all Nigerians. But we have been disenfranchised by our sojournout side our home land. We hereby, join other Nigerians in Diaspora to call for the implementation of the right to vote. We are Nigerians and deserve the right to choose who governs us as a people
In conclusion,we would want to remind the Honorable Minister that governance is governance no matter the level. We therefore, appeal to the Nigeria government to make provision for the governance of Nigerians in Diaspora. Our conditions has been worsen by the short fall which emanated from the ongoing from economic crises and this limited our resources and ability to govern and manage our various Association
God Bless youand wish you safe journey back to our country Nigeria.
|Posted on August 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM||comments (0)|
AMBASSADOR ERIC TONYE AWORABHI'S MEETING WITH NIGERIAN COMMUNITIES IN ITALY
This is to inform that His excellency, Eric Tonye Aworahi, the Ambassador of federal republic of Nigeria to Italia Repulic would be embarking on a 'meet the people' tour on some major cities in Italy where there are large concetration of Nigerian with active Nigeria community. please see below of the time table. In this development, all the executive of various associations should please make adequate preparation to receive the Ambassador and his entourage. All Associations should endevour to inform their members and non members. Please do contact your local association for the venue and other information.
For information about the consular service, please try to call to know the type of services that would be available.
PLANNED ITINERARY FOR ‘MEET NIGERIAN COMMUNITY’
TOUR FOR HIS EXCELLENCY
SEPTEMBER. 13 -15
FRIDAY:13TH , MEETING WITH MAYOR/GOVERNOR/BUSINESS COMMUNITY/CONSULAR
SEPTEMBER 27th -29th
FRIDAY:27TH , MEETING WITH MAYOR/GOVERNOR/BUSINESS COMMUNITY/CONSULAR
OCTOBER 11TH – 13TH
FRIDAY:11TH , MEETING WITH MAYOR/GOVERNOR/BUSINESS COMMUNITY/CONSULAR
OCTOBER 18TH – 20TH
FRIDAY:18TH , MEETING WITH MAYOR/GOVERNOR/BUSINESS COMMUNITY/CONSULAR
OCTOBER 25TH – 27TH
FRIDAY:25TH , MEETING WITH MAYOR/GOVERNOR/BUSINESS COMMUNITY/CONSULAR
NOVEMBER 1st –3rd
FRIDAY:1ST , MEETING WITH MAYOR/GOVERNOR/BUSINESS COMMUNITY/CONSULAR
NOVEMBER 15TH – 17TH
FRIDAY:15TH , MEETING WITH MAYOR/GOVERNOR/BUSINESS COMMUNITY/CONSULAR
NOVEMBER 29th – 30th .
FRIDAY 29TH MEETING WITH MAYOR/GOVERNOR/BUSINESS COMMUNITY
NUNAI always for the interest of Nigerians
|Posted on July 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM||comments (0)|
NUNAI PUBLIC STATEMENT
ROBERTO CALDEROLI RACIST UTTERANCES AGAINST
The National Union of Nigerian Associations in Italy NUNAI; on behalf of Nigerians home and abroad, Africans in and Diaspora and other Foreigners in Italy: hereby condemn in the strongest terms the RACIST utterances, publications and dispositions of ROBERTO CALDEROLI (Italian Senate Vice President) against CECILE KYENGE (the African Female Italian Minister of integration) that called a fellow high Officer of the State ‘ORANGO’ meaning CHIMPANZEE. This is the most regrettable official abuse,an unparalleled aggressive misconduct and a very cruel act of state racism in recent times, that constitutes a menacing embarrassment to every well meaning Italian, Government and Nation.
We join all voices of decent and social sanity to call for the categorical resignation or inevitable dismissal of Mr. Roberto Calderoli from Office as Senate Vice President of Italy. Any failure to remove him from such a top Italian public office would gratify his pseudo representation of the Italian People and it would further tarnish Italian International image that permits such a gross uncivilized terror against humanity, especially among the European Union and the United Nations. The corollary immediate consequence would demand a total boycott of the EXPO 2015 scheduled to hold in Italy; by all of African Union States, friends and upholders of social justice world wide.
Italy and the entire World cannot afford a criminal, mischievous and notorious setback of human civilization long after bloody Nazism and brutal Apartheid have been summarily buried in the deepest of the darkest past, and so the triumphant light of mankind may shine forever. The eternal ideal of human liberty is a sacred right of all free men and women everywhere and every day.
The good People of Italy and her esteemed Government should not permit such an inglorious inspiration of evil and generic bad influence. The new generation of Italians must not be given a heritage of vices over virtues to, perpetuate public discriminatory inequality with hellish indignity. We are true friends of Italians and Italians are true friends of ours. Let no one teach us how to hate the other whiles, we have the power to love one another.
Copy:EU, AU, UN, POPE, Orgs, Personalities,Social Networks …..etc
NUNAI, always for the interest of Nigerians and living the love for the common people
|Posted on December 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM||comments (0)|
The list of elected executive of National Union of Nigerian Association in Italy .
NAME POSITION TELEPHONE EMAIL
EBOSE FARADAY PRESIDENT 045-504543 - Office 3394093962, 3281390823 [email protected]
OSIFO COMFORT 1st VICE PRESIDENT 3271243110
IRIAKANNU HODGE SAMSON 2nd VICE PRESIDENT 3200845940
NWAOKORO EZENWA GENERAL SECRETARY 3895894287
OBETAN CHARLES MARTINA ASS SECRETARY 3347148449
ADAMS BOLA KAMORUDEEN P.R.O 3475437734
ADENIJI TAOREED A. TRESURER
Mr Jolly Owenvbiugie Osemwonta ------ Chairman
Mr. Nasiru AjaniAbdulrahman ------------- Secretary
Mr Bruce Kelvin Idahosa----- member
THE RESULT OF THE ELECTION HELD ON 8TH OF DECEMBER,2012 VERONA.NAMES OF CANDITATES POSITION APPLIED FOR PROVINCE
Mr Adeyemi Lawson VOTES 16 President BolognaVOID 1Mr Faraday Ebose VOTES 16 President Verona
Mr Iriakannu H. Samson VOTES 16 Vice President Modena
Mrs Osifo Comfort VOTES 17 Vice President Roma
Mr Nwaokoro Ezenwa YES 32 NO VOID 1 General Secretary Milano
Mrs Martina O.Charles YES 32 NO1 VOID 1 Asst. Gen. Sec Pesaro
Mr Adams B. Kamorudeen YES 31 NO2 VOID 0 P.r.o Mantova
Mr Aigbe Joseph ABS ENT Treasurer Padova
Mr Adeniji Taoreed A. YES 29 NO 3 VOID1 Treasurer Genova
Mr Eboigbodin O.Samson YES 32 NO X VOID1 Financial Sec. Venezia
THE PRESIDENCY VOTE TIGHT AT THE FIRST ROUND ,WITH THE VOTE OF THREE MEMBERS OF ELECTORAL OFFICERS BECOMES :17 TO 18.
|Posted on October 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM||comments (0)|
NATIONAL UNION OF NIGERIAN ASSOCIATION IN ITALY
Office of the president
VIA P. NEFETTI, 40
47018 SANTA SOFIA (FC)
The Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Nigeria To Italy
His Excellency Ambassador Eric Tonye Aworabhi,
We are gathered here today in celebration of Nigeria’s 52nd independence. It is good to see you all. We thank His Excellency Ambassador Eric Tonye Aworabhi for hosting this occasion. We commend you all for taking the time out of your busy schedules to grace this occasion.
As a country, Nigeria has come a very long way. We pray for God to help us all to grow stronger and more prosperous together as Nigerians.
On behalf of the National Union of Nigerian Association in Italy of which I am the President, I extend a hand of co-operation to His Excellency Ambassador Eric Tonye Aworabhi as he serves our great country in Italy. We all pray for his success and look forward to working with the Ambassador to ensure that he succeeds exceedingly.
We would like to highlight to the Ambassador some matters of great importance to Nigerians here in Italy, we are very hopeful that he will do everything in his power to see that they are taken care of.
The issues include:
Visit by His Excellence to some Nigerian associations here to help with their various initiatives to bring business investments to Nigeria, specifically the Nigerian Economic Business Forum, reactivation of the Italian-Nigerian Chamber of Commerce in Italy .Opening of Nigerian Cultural Centers Nigerians in Italy National Awards Helping to ensure with the Italians that Nigerian workers’ pension can be paid to them in Nigeria.
Once more, we thank His Excellency for hosting this event and look forward to working together to make his stewardship here a great success. We thank you all for coming! God bless Nigeria! God bless Italy. And God bless you all!
Engr. Barry A O Igbeare
Remember that NUNAI is always for the interest of Nigerians